When it comes to marketing a product, the packaging is everything. It’s the first thing customers see on store shelves, and it can make or break a sale. That’s why choosing the right packaging for your products is critical to the success of your product.
There are many different types of packaging available, but one option you may not have considered is folding cartons. Folding cartons are popular in food and beverage and health and beauty industries, and they can also be used for a wide variety of products.
What are folding cartons?
Folding cartons are exactly what they sound like, cardboard boxes that are folded into various shapes to house a variety of product types. They are a great option for packaging because they’re:
1. Durable – Folding cartons are made from sturdy cardboard, so they can protect your products from damage during shipping and handling.
2. Attractive – With their clean lines and sharp edges, folding cartons give your products a professional look that appeal to customers.
3. Versatile – These types of cartons can be customized to fit a products size or shape.
4. Economical – Folding cartons are a cost-effective packaging option, especially when you order them in bulk.
If you’re looking for an attractive, durable, and versatile packaging solution for your products, consider folding cartons- you may be surprised at how well they meet your needs.
There are many types of folding cartons, each designed to suit a different need. Here are a few of them.
Straight tuck box
As one of the more common packaging boxes, these feature closure panels on the top and bottom which are attached to the main panel. They are ideal for products that are generally light to medium weight, where no assembly is needed. They come flat, which makes them convenient for storage until you need them.
Reverse tuck box
These boxes are similar to the straight tuck box with the main difference being the closing panels. This box features one closing panel which is attached to the front of the box, while another is attached to the back. Each of these panels fold in opposite directions, which is where its name comes from.
Like straight tuck boxes, they are suited for small to medium weight products but are generally more affordable per unit.
123 bottom box
A 123 bottom box, also called a snap lock box, is designed to allow for easy assembly. You simply fold the flaps in place and your box is ready for your product. They can be used for packaging food items, jewelry, gifts, and many other products.
This box is also called a Kwikset Tray or a Simplex Tray. They are mostly used as elegant packaging for luxury products, production kits or sweet assortments.
Consisting of a lid and a tray, this double-wall box is strong and durable. You can use custom inserts within a 2 piece box to keep various products in place. They are used for a wide variety of products and are very easy to assemble.
5 panel hanger box
Five panel hanging boxes are easy-to-assemble display boxes for a variety of products including electronics, apparel, cosmetics, and more. It’s essentially a reverse tuck end box that features a hanger panel which extends from the back panel. You can then hang or display your products on display shelves or hook panels. 5 panel hanger boxes are best used for light weight products.
Auto-lock bottom box
This type of box has a glued bottom that locks into place, making it easy to assemble. It’s a good choice for products that need to be shipped or stored flat.
Tray and sleeve
A tray and sleeve is a two-piece folding carton that consists of a tray with sides that fold up, and a sleeve that fits over the top. Tray and sleeve boxes are often used for packaging food, cosmetics, or electronic products.
How to choose the right folding carton
When choosing a folding carton for your product, there are several factors to consider:
1. The size of your product – Make sure the folding carton you choose is large enough to accommodate your product. You don’t want it to be too big or too small.
2. The shape of your product – Consider the shape of your product when selecting a folding carton. You’ll want to make sure it will fit snugly inside the box without being too cramped.
3. The weight of your product – Some folding cartons are not designed to hold heavy products. If your product is on the heavier side, make sure to choose a box that can support its weight.
4. The type of product you’re packaging – Certain types of products require special packaging. For example, food items will need to be packaged in a way that prevents them from spoiling.
5. Your budget – Folding cartons come in a wide range of prices, so it’s important to choose one that fits your budget.
The right folding carton for your product
Now that you know a little more about folding cartons, you can select the perfect one for your next packaging project. Keep the factors listed above in mind, and you’re sure to find a folding carton that meets your needs.
Why not chat to a friendly member of the Ritter’s Printing & Packaging team to discuss what type of folding carton would best suit your product? Contact us at 954-771-7204.