Have you ever come across a product that sticks with you because of its unique packaging? Was it the label, the decal, or its unique shape?
The first interaction a consumer will have with your product is through its packaging. Did you know that the purchasing decision of over 72% of US consumers is based on the design of the product’s packaging (Ipsos)? That’s a startling figure which highlights the importance of making the right decisions on your product packaging.
Decals, stickers, and labels are often used to make a product stand out from the competition. They can be used to showcase nutritional labeling or create something eye-catching to highlight a feature of the product and are important components of a product’s packaging.
In this article, we look at the differences between labels, decals, and stickers.
What is a label?
A label is an adhesive-backed piece of paper, film, or other material that is affixed to a product or container. The purpose of a label is to provide information about the product, such as its name, manufacturer, country of origin, etc.
Labels can be made from a variety of materials, including paper, plastic, metal, and even fabric. They can be printed using a variety of methods, such as flexography, digital printing, and screen printing.
What are the benefits of labels?
There are many benefits to using labels on your products:
- They’re cost-effective: Labels are one of the most cost-effective ways to brand your products.
- They’re versatile: Labels can be applied to a wide variety of products, from bottles and cans to boxes and bags.
- They’re easy to use: Labels can be applied by hand or with a machine. Some labels can also be removed and reapplied if necessary.
What is a decal?
When it comes to packaging, decals are usually much larger and more permanent than a label or a sticker. Think of a decal as an image, pattern, or design on a durable material like vinyl or glass. Decals are often applied to surfaces like windows, walls, floors, and cars and they can be either temporary or permanent and are removed by peeling them off the surface.
Decals can be printed on both sides and are often transparent, allowing for different levels of opacity and transparency, which can create some interesting effects. Decals are made from a variety of materials including paper, polyester, PVC, metalized films, and pressure-sensitive adhesives.
How are decals used?
One of the most common uses for decals is in advertising and they are often used to promote a product or brand. They are also commonly used for safety purposes, like on the back of a truck to warn drivers of its length.
Here are some of the common uses of decals
- Windows: Decals are often used on shop windows and are a great way to promote a business or sale.
- Signage: Vinyl decals are great for company signage
- Walls: Decals are great for placing on walls to advertise a brand or add a decorative element to a space
What is a sticker?
Stickers are made from a variety of materials including paper, vinyl, and polyester, and can be printed using several methods including digital printing, screen printing, and offset printing. Stickers are popular for a number of reasons and can be used for branding, marketing, or simply for fun.
How are stickers used?
There are endless possibilities when it comes to using stickers:
- Branding: Stickers are often used as part of a branding strategy. They can be affixed to products, packaging, or even on their own as standalone items.
- Promotions: Stickers are a great way to promote a product or brand. They can be given away at events or placed on products in stores.
- Decoration: Stickers can also be used for decorative purposes. They can be used to add personality to a space or to make a statement.
The main difference between labels and stickers is that labels are usually attached to products or packaging while stickers can be used on their own.
Labels, decals, and stickers in Fort Lauderdale
If you need labels, decals, or stickers for your business, Ritter’s Printing & Packaging has a wide variety of options to choose from.
Our team of experts can help you from the initial design to the final printed product.
Contact us today at 954-771-7204 to talk with one of our team members.