Paperboard boxes are one of the most popular options for product packaging. They have a number of creative, financial, and environmental benefits. Whether your product is light or heavy, liquid or solid, there is a paperboard box style suitable for your company’s needs.
The many benefits of paperboard boxes for your product
Companies looking for practicality without sacrificing quality or attractiveness will find their answer in carton boxes. Here is a small sample of their versatility:
- They are easy to stack and store by folding up neatly.
- The folding designs make them easy to open and close.
- They work well for automatic packaging machines.
- You can get as many boxes as you need for much less than boxes made from other materials.
- They can safely and effectively store solids or liquids.
- They are durable and strong, for storing heavy or breakable objects.
- You can include your product information right on the packaging, which is beneficial for edible products that require nutritional facts and ingredients.
- There are many creative style and shape options for carton boxes.
- Cut-out options allow for additional marketing space.
The environmental benefit of folding cartons
More and more people are turning away from plastic, which makes folding cartons more in demand. The many benefits of paperboard include:
- Easily recyclable, both at recycling centers or to use again.
- Forest sustainability. Many carton manufacturers plant new trees in place of ones that were cut down to make these boxes.
- Make use of other recycled products to create paperboard boxes.
- Fuel efficiency, since boxes can be shipped flat.
The most common types of folding cartons
Not all box cartons are the same. There are many different types on the market, such as:
- Reverse tuck end (RTE) boxes. These boxes have tuck flaps or closing panels on opposite sides, as well as front and box. Great for lightweight items, not so much for heavier products.
- Straight tuck end (STE) boxes. All the tuck flaps are on one side, which gives the finished carton a cleaner look with no visible edges. The slit-lock closing is great for added security. They are slightly more expensive than reverse tuck end boxes since you get fewer of them per paper sheet.
- Crash bottom boxes. These boxes, also called auto-lock bottom boxes, come pre-glued for additional strength when packaging heavier items. These boxes are great to store flat and can be assembled rather quickly. The glued bottom is an extra step on behalf of the manufacturer, which makes them a slightly more expensive option. However, these are a great investment to ensure the security of heavier products,
- Top tuck boxes. These boxes are often used for cakes and other pastries, but that’s not their only use. Creatively display lightweight products, such as clothing or other small objects, with a little window on the top of the tuck. This allows customers to preview what’s inside.
Paperboard boxes and more
Whatever your packaging needs, Ritter’s Printing & Packaging has you covered. From customized folding cartons, labels, and printing services, we are one of Fort Lauderdale’s most asked-for names in custom printing and packaging.
To learn more about our products and services, call us today at 954-771-7204. We can’t wait to work with you.